Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday Afternoon

I was intending to post about a story of mine that came out in a journal late last month, an excerpt from a novel I have been working on for over a decade.  I wanted to write something about finally seeing a small part of this colossal, extended project in print.  Unfortunately, I never received a contributor’s copy, or an answer to my email enquiries. (I did see the cover online, with my name among the contributors, so I’m assuming that it did get issued.)  I even sent a check for additional copies, but the check hasn’t been cashed.  I’ll still write something if I ever actually see a copy of the (print-only) journal.  I do understand that the staff are graduate students and may be graduating about this time.  So they are certainly entitled to have other things on their minds! 

     Oh well.  Instead, I am posting a couple of pictures of the Hueco Mountains, where Libby and the dogs and I went hiking today.



No comments:

Post a Comment