Sunday, January 3, 2021

New Novel Excerpts

 

I’ve had three mini excerpts from my two novels published in the last couple of months.  The most recent came out this weekend in Credo Espoir, a very attractive journal that features some truly good writers and artists.  The other two appeared in Cypress, a lovely and simple Canadian journal, and Harvest International, a journal with an interesting history, edited by students at Cal Poly Pomona.  The piece in Harvest International was revised rather drastically from a stylistic viewpoint by the editors, which explains the relative lack of run-on sentences for which I am usually responsible.  The story in Credo Espoir came from my second novel, The Philosophers’ Republic, and the other two from my first, Before the Rains.  They’re not the first excerpts from both (unpublished) novels that I’ve published in journals, and I hope they’re not the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment